Kerala Tourism - In its own beauty even after the flood
For tourism industry in Kerala, the month of August of 2018 was a crucial time because of the unexpected flood hit in most of the tourist’s corners in Kerala. Yes, it is the truth that Kerala was reeled under the sudden flood hit which badly affected the beauty, economy, heritage, and peace of the Mother Nature. So as we know whatever happens the show, must go on, henceforth, the tourism industry faced all lost and they fasten their things and now the things are getting back to normal life. Therefore now Kerala's tourism industry is welcoming all wanderers to the God's own country with the full assurance of their life. Now Munnar and Thekkady are the best destinations in Kerala to visit this particular season.
Munnar is one of the most popular hill stations in India, and one of the best’s tourist destinations in Kerala. The real scenic beauty of the Munnar hills regions is bounded by the whole of Munnar town. The waterfalls, tea plantations, landscapes, forests of Munnar make heaven on earth. It is absolutely an escape from your hectic life which can fill you with a sense of peace and serenity which you never experienced before. Numerous waterfalls and hill station are in Munnar, which paved a perfect way for the adventures riders. This place has the power to touch your heart and mind with its spectacular beauty and peace.
Thekkady is also one of the best destinations in Kerala tourism with its magnificent beauty. It is a home to India‘s largest wildlife sanctuary Periyar. Here you can enjoy hiking, bamboo rafting in the midst of the wilderness. Thekkady is also famous for delicious foods and you can enjoy its wide stretches of spice and tea gardens. It is the perfect place for a wanderer who is intensely fascinated to discover the exotic wilderness for refreshing themselves in their clumpy life.
Things to do in Munnar and Thekkady
Are you really bored with your busy schedules? Are you looking for the better and unique activities for rejuvenating themselves in this rough life? Are you interested to do something different in your adventures trips? The answers to all these questions are the same; Munnar and Thekkady is the solution for all your problems. Both these places always remained as fascinating places for all kinds of tourists with its unmatched beauty and serenity. However, there is an extensive range of activities and things to do in Munnar and Thekkady which may offer great fun for families, kids, couples and adventurous.
Munnar-Things to Do
Some of the interesting things to do in Munnar are:
- Trekking: Trekking in the Western Ghats of Munnar can give you the best adventurous and fun experience. It involves steep climbs, grass stroll, dangerous terrains, and shola walks. All these are done with an expert guide into the hills and forests of the Western Ghats.
- Mountain Biking: It is a casual mode to notice the entire surroundings in Munnar. The sheer beauty of the Western Ghats let you marvelous tracks to bike on from Munnar, it is true that it may be ideal for an expert amateur or cyclists. The roads of Munnar will take you around cardamom estates, shola forests, and tea gardens and provides you with an excellent stunning view of mountains in the Munnar.
- Lake riding: A ride in the Kundala Lake situated in the center of stunning dense forests and hills offers you a sight into its tranquil world. The Long hour ride in the calm water take you to the immense feeling of peacefulness and also the picturesque beauty of the coastal areas
- Rock Climbing: It offers you an adventure, thrill and adrenaline rush to your bodywork. You will be guided with the experts who will take care of your safety by adopting necessary safety measures and gears. You can enjoy this rare activity in the lush green hills of Munnar which will definitely give a memorable moment on your tour trip.
- Elephant Safari: Elephant safari at the Carmelagiri elephant park in Munnar is a great treat for nature enthusiasts along with people who are interested to ride elephants. This is one of the activities that won't be availed in many other places. This rides can take you through the winding hill roads and the dense forests of the elephant park.
Thekkady-Things to Do
Some of the things to do in Thekkady are:
- Boating: One of the famous things to do in Thekkady is boating in the Periyar Lake which is situated at the heart of the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary; this is the place where you can see wide varieties of animal’s activities like bathing, resting, drinking and food hunting.
- Bamboo Rafting: The bamboo rafting activities take place in the richest forests tracks of Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary where you can spot different varieties of birds and animals. The rafting is usually carried out for three hours and you get a panoramic view of dense forest with its thrilling beauty.
- Bullock cart ride: You can take a pause from the regular hustle bustle of vehicles and can travel back with the earlier times bullock cart ride. It gives you a chance to experience the simplest form of village life and to know the soul of the earliest travel mode. Through this activity, you can travel through the rustic village streets of Thekkady.
- Plantation Tour: Thekkady is known for its cardamom, pepper, vanilla etc. So a tour to these plantations fields will give you a chance to learn about how these crops are cultivated, preserved and reaped.
- Jungle Night Patrol: This activity includes night patrolling in the outlying eco-development areas of the Periyar forests. This night patrolling will let you the immense feeling of the wilderness in the night.
Munnar and Thekkady are the perfect destinations for a peaceful and renewing retreat in the hills. These are famous destinations for newly wedded couples. Travelers can spend their vacation time by enjoying the beauty of the hills, landscapes, waterfalls along with the diverse activities for making you more energize and refresh. And the diverse activities in both Munnar and Thekkady deals with your adrenaline rush for getting away from your tough stuffs and helps you to begin a fresh start for your busy life in its own way.
Relish the lush green hill stations and nature with our Munnar Thekkady Tour Packages. Lumiere Holidays help you to explore your holidays.